RSS

Oosthuizen holds Texas lead

Louis Oosthuizen recovered from a torrid start to his third round to take the lead at the Shell Houston Open.

oosthuizen-louis-033112-640x360.jpg (640×360)
The South African made a poor start to his round on Saturday, with the 2010 Open champion recording two bogeys in each of his first two holes of the day.
However, Oosthuizen managed to keep his composure in Texas and was able to score eight birdies in the penultimate round of the competition to go top of the leaderboard.
The 29-year-old currently holds a two-shot lead over Hunter Mahan and is determined to finish the job on Sunday, in the last event before he heads off to Augusta next week for the Masters.
Oosthuizen admitted it was a difficult start to his third round but was happy with how he reacted to the early set-back. He said: "I had to compose myself, other than that, I hit it well and started making a few putts on the back nine.
"I was driving it well, my iron play the whole week has been really good and I just made some good putts. "The greens here are really fast, which I enjoy. If it's not windy here, you feel like there are a lot of birdies out there."


63be1c8db6.jpg (524×229)

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment