RSS

Sorenstam rejects captaincy

Europe legend will not captain Solheim Cup team next year



Annika Sorenstam has turned down the chance to lead the European team in the Solheim Cup next year. The 10-time major champion retired in 2008 having taken part in eight cup events against the United States.

"The Solheim Cup has been an important part of my career and I hope to one day lead the European team," she said. "After working with captain Alison Nicholas (of Britain) and her team this past year as vice-captain I saw first-hand the incredible amount of work and dedication it takes to be the captain. "With my young family, foundation, businesses and other commitments I have already made to try and help grow the game, I simply cannot provide the necessary time." Meg Mallon will captain the United States for next year's match in Parker, Colorado after succeeding Rosie Jones. Europe regained the trophy with a 15-13 victory in Dunsany, Ireland. - http://www1.skysports.com/

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment