RSS

Improved Lawrie in top 50

Scotsman says he has improved since hitting 40




Paul Lawrie is back in the world's top 50 after his victory in the Qatar Masters, and says his game keeps getting better despite his advancing years. The 43-year-old climbed from 78th to 47th in the world thanks to the win, which he achieved by firing a final round 65 to leave Australian Jason Day and Swede Peter Hanson a distant joint second. The Scot is now in the top 50 for the time since 2003 as well as being fourth in the race for the Ryder Cup, and he is confident that his form will continue to improve, even claiming that he is a better player now than he was when he won The Open in 1999. "I feel I'm getting better. I feel my ball-striking has improved immensely since I turned 40," Lawrie said. "I'm hitting it a lot further than I probably ever hit it. My short game and putting was probably a little better back in 1999, but I'm a much better player." Lawrie's climb up the rankings has put him into the 64-man line-up for the Accenture World Match Play later this month and an even bigger prize awaits if he is still in the top 50 at the end of March - The Masters at Augusta. - http://www1.skysports.com/

**** This Valentine season, 12BET is giving away an adorable treat to all slot lovers. We are giving away big bonuses and a possible free spin to all our players! Follow this blog for the latest updates about this unique Valentine promo!




  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment