RSS

GOLF news 12BET update 12/20

Confident Westy raring to go

Lee Westwood is looking for more of the same in the New Year after moving up to second in the rankings with victory in Thailand.


The 38-year-old has enjoyed another solid year on tour and has finished 2011 with only Luke Donald above him in the standings, courtesy of his amazing display in the Far East.

The talented Englishman managed to bounce back from a disappointing 73 on Saturday to card a 69 on Sunday and win by seven shots to claim his second title in the last three events.

The Worksop-born star has enjoyed considerable success in Asia this year with victory in the Indonesian Masters and South Korea's Ballantine's Championship before destroying the field in Bangkok last week.

He also recently triumphed in South Africa's Nedbank Golf Challenge to end the year in a positive frame of mind and head into next year full of confidence.

Westwood will play the majority of his golf on the PGA Tour in 2012 as he continues his quest for an elusive first major and is determined to keep improving and begin next year firing on all cylinders.

"I'm going to continue to work on my fitness and all aspects of my game," he told Sky Sports. "I'm going in the right direction, I can see a lot of improvement and I'm happy with the way I've finished the year, I've won two out of my last three events.

"I'll go into the winter with a lot of confidence and I'll try to come out next year playing the same kind of golf as I played this week, a little bit leaner and well rested." - http://www.setanta.com

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment